Storage mite

Allergy to storage mite (Lepidoglyphus destructor) is an allergy caused by microscopic insects that live in environments where products are stored. However, in recent years, numerous cases of allergy to this mite have been reported in other environments, especially domestic ones. Its distribution is worldwide, being more frequent in temperate climates. Five allergens of this mite have been described, the most common being Lep d 2. The symptoms are sneezing, runny nose and asthma. As a prevention, it is recommended to reduce exposure to mites by using allergenic bed covers, washing bedding weekly at 60º, keeping the humidity level low, avoiding stuffed animals and carpets, removing dust with a damp cloth, vacuum regularly and install filters on furnaces and air conditioners.

At Rekom Biotech, we desing and manufacture IVD reagents for diagnosis of Storage mite allergy. Do not hesitate to contact us!

or

BACT TO LIST OF ALLERGIES

Allergic asthma

Recombinant proteins

TYPE SPECIES NAME REFERENCES DESCRIPTION DETAILS
Dust mites Lepidoglyphus destructor (Storage mite) Lep d 2
RAL0008
NPC2 family